The New Orleans Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators brings together professionals striving to excel in the dynamic and growing communications field. It provides lifelong learning opportunities by giving members the tools and information they need at all stages of their careers.
Our diverse membership ranges from entry level communicators, to corporate executives in employee communication, graphic design, community relations, marketing, public relations, media relations and public affairs, to independent consultants in a variety of fields.
IABC’s professional network serves as a vibrant resource to:
- Make a bigger impact with your work through educational opportunities, industry innovations, and emerging best practices.
- Meet communications professionals from all over the world, thus creating an leading international exchange for cross cultural learning and collaboration.
- Tap into leading experts, your peers, and other industry leaders for new ideas, fresh insights, and problem solving assistance.
- Network through face-to-face contact, and online with seminars, meetings and online discussion.
- Access to world-wide hidden employment opportunities and career development found nowhere else through the job listings at www.iabc.com
Enhance Your Skills
IABC’s web site contains a robust library of how-to articles and case studies of successfully applied communications in the real world. Available to members only and accessible 24 hours a day, this content can help guide you through countless professional situations and challenges. Moreover, professional development sessions on a wide variety of topics are available at member prices and are offered in the classroom, as well as over the web or phone. IABC conferences provide even more in person opportunities for skill development and networking. For reference or cover-to-cover reading the IABC also provides several Knowledge Resource manuals, available at significant discounts for members.
Find Clients, Find Friends
If you’re a freelancer, IABC is a great place to find clients. And if you’re looking to expand your social network through luncheons, after-work events and other activities, there’s no better place than your local IABC chapter.
Founded in 1970, The International Association of Business Communicators provides a professional network of over 15,500 business communication professionals in over 80 countries. If you are not already an IABC member, join IABC today! You can find more about IABC membership here.